donderdag 20 januari 2011

023: Hello, goodnight.

Today was a busy one, a workday. The day began swell as I showed up one hour too early for work. I was convinced this was going to affect my whole day and so I took peace with the fact, rather quickly, that my day was going to suck. Big time. Fortunately, it didn't! I met some really cool people, like Kim. We had lunch together and she told me about her tattoo artist carreer, which I really enjoyed listening to. And as the day went by, I became richer by the minute. London, here I come!

(Forgive me my attitude, but it's been a while since I went shopping AND since I went abroad.)

In other news, I'm listening to Tom Waits this evenig. If you're not familiar with him, he's an actor, a writer and a singer. He's a mastermind who can be extremely funny and ridiculous but also very serious. His voice as described by critic Daniel Durchholz: "like it was soaked in a vat of bourbon, left hanging in the smokehouse for a few months, and then taken outside and run over with a car."



This one is one of my favorite songs of Tom Waits. It is yet serious, but at the same time it isn't. It touches one's heart, but it also puts a smile on one's face, I guess. It kinda depends on how you interpret the lyrics. I've read this song is about a trip he made to Copenhagen, which was a really drunk one. But he met someone.

I lost my Saint Christopher now that I've kissed her


Beautiful! He kissed his love and his wandering days were over. (Actually, that's how I would like to interpret the song.)

Sleeptight,





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten